Massage Therapy is a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. It is becoming more recognized as a powerful ally in our healthcare regimen for pain management as well as preventative care. Research shows that in our fast paced world a high percentage of disease is stress related. Incorporating regular massage treatments as part of your wellness plan is an investment in your health.
Massage Therapy addresses the body’s soft tissues, muscles, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments to reduce tension and alleviate restrictions in the myofascial system increasing fluid circulation. We are composed of a series of integrated systems that work together to maintain optimal health. Physical, mental, emotional, & spiritual are vital factors in determining the condition of our body and our outlook on life. Our bodies take in energy from food, air, and sensory input , convert it for use and release in back into the environment. Massage Therapy assists in the maintenance of wellness by affecting the systems that transform this energy. Proper flow of energy improves psychological and physiological activity which helps our ability to interact with our environment.
Therefore Massage Therapy brings balance to the emotional, physical, and spiritual body.
• Enhances flow of oxygen and nutrients into tissues and organs.
• Stimulates lymph flow, strengthening the immune system.
• Reduces scar tissue and adhesions in muscle fibers.
• Relaxes injured and overused muscles.
• Provides greater joint flexibility.
• Reduces spasms and cramping.
• Releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers, to help relieve and control pain from chronic illness, injury, & recovery from surgery.
• Helps all level athletes prepare for and recover from workouts.
• Improves range of motion and posture.
• Relieves headaches and migraine pain.
• Helps relieve stress, reduce anxiety, aids in relaxation, and increases mind-body connection.