One thing I am very passionate about is supporting small, local business owners. I know in these times finances and personal time can be limited as we all work very hard to make ends meet. I would however like to urge you to support small business owners in your area this holiday season and throughout the year.
As a small business owner I can assure you we count on and value your patronage in order to stay afloat; every transaction is precious to us. We are a group of people passionate about our craft and services. So when deciding where to spend your hard-earned dollars, consider the benefits of turning to local, independently owned businesses within your community.
Some ways you can contribute are:
- Dining at local restaurants for lunch or dinner.
- Purchase a birthday present at a gift shop in town.
- Join your community gym or recreational center.
- Visit a local nursery or hardware store for your lawn and garden needs.
- Get your car serviced by your neighborhood mechanic.
- Support your local farmers by purchasing from farmers markets in your area.
So the next time you need to run out for some groceries or do a little shopping, seek out a local business and see what they have to offer! You could discover some great products and services while helping to build a strong and successful community around you.
Local First Arizona is a great resource to find out what is available in your community. https://www.localfirstaz.com/
- When you support local businesses, you are in turn supporting your local economy; significantly more money stays in a community when purchases are made at locally owned businesses.
- You contribute to the well-being of your community by sustaining vibrant town centers, linking social and economic relationships and contributing to local causes.
- Local ownership means that more decisions are made by people that live in the community so they are invested in those decisions since the impact is felt by them.
- More of local businesses revenue is recycled back into the community by using other local businesses such as banks, service providers, farms, and artisans, which enriches the whole community.
- Independently owned businesses create more jobs and often times with better pay and benefits.
- Supporting small businesses provides environmental sustainability because they often have a smaller carbon footprint than larger companies.
- Local businesses are owned and operated by your neighbors who care about and are invested in the well-being of your community and its future.